This page is dedicated to mapping and rediscovering the history of Minnesota's historic trunk highways. If this is your first time here, I suggest taking a look at the site information for some background, the methods and sources I use to do my research, and my reasons for undertaking this project. For some basic information on Minnesota's Trunk Highway System, check out the Minnesota Highway Primer.
New and Updated
- New Blog Entry - Final Remnants of Lilac Drive in St Louis Park (9/14/2014)
- Old Jefferson Highway - Frank Hall Drive and 4th Street in Albert Lea (July 8, 2013)
- Old Jefferson Highway - River Road at Glenville (July 2, 2013)
- Modern U.S. 65 - Iowa State Line to Albert Lea (June 23, 2013)
- Markers at the Iowa State Line on U.S. 65 (Updated 5/30/2013)
- (1/20/2013) Old Jefferson Highway - Albert Lea to Iowa (UPDATED WITH NEW MAPS, ETC!!)
- (10/27/2012) Mineral Center Road
- (7/7/2012) Old Border Road (Old Hwy 61)
- (Updated - 3/7/12) Old Highway 28 at Westport
- (1/22/12) Old St Augusta Creek Bridge
- Old Road at Geneva (10/4/11)
- Old 65 Between Albert Lea and Geneva (9/21/11)
- Old Road at Clarks Grove (9/1/11)
- Old Road Between Albert Lea and Clarks Grove(NEW PHOTOS! 8/28/11)
- Old Road between the Iowa Border and Albert Lea (NEW PHOTOS! 8/28/11)
- Stevens Street, Albert Lea (8/14/11)
- Old Route at Albert Lea (Broadway and William Street) (8/13/11)
- Markers at the Iowa/Minnesota State Line (8/10/11)
- Updated U.S. 61 Interactive Map! (5/25/11) Now with Year-by-Year alignment data and other improvements!
- UPDATE - NEW PHOTOS! (7/17/11) - North Lakeshore Drive
- Old Gilbert Creek Bridge (7/17/11)
- Old Road at Wildwood Lane (7/16/11)
- UPDATE! (7/15/11) - 271'st Street, Wacouta Township
- UPDATE! (7/13/11) - Old Road and Bridges In the Cannon River Bottoms
- Old Highway 61 Between Illgen City and Little Marais (7/10/11)
- Old Alignment at Illgen City (7/8/11)
- Baptism River Bridge and Highway (7/4/11)
- Old Highway at Palisade Head (7/3/11)
- Beaver River Bridges (7/3/11)
- Algoma Way (7/3/11)
Find us on Facebook!
Old alignments, history, and pretty much everything else you'd ever want to know about Minnesota's most famous highway!
Historic Highway Tours - Detailed tours down various historic roads in Minnesota using maps and photos. Also includes historic roadsides and bridges.
Route Guides - Pages dedicated to specific routes through Minnesota, bringing together histories, interactive maps, and collections of highway tours.
Official Highway Maps - A guide to the history of Minnesota's official highway maps. Includes an overview of the evolution of the maps from 1923 to today.