This page is dedicated to mapping and rediscovering the history of Minnesota's historic trunk highways. If this is your first time here, I suggest taking a look at the site information for some background, the methods and sources I use to do my research, and my reasons for undertaking this project. For some basic information on Minnesota's Trunk Highway System, check out the Minnesota Highway Primer.
Site News and Updates
- New Blog Entry - Highway 100 – Video of the southbound lanes before construction (January 11, 2015)
- New Blog Entry - Final Remnants of Lilac Drive in St Louis Park (9/14/2014)
- Old Jefferson Highway - Frank Hall Drive and 4th Street in Albert Lea (July 8, 2013)
- Old Jefferson Highway - River Road at Glenville (July 2, 2013)
- Modern U.S. 65 - Iowa State Line to Albert Lea (June 23, 2013)
- Markers at the Iowa State Line on U.S. 65 (Updated 5/30/2013)
- (1/20/2013) Old Jefferson Highway - Albert Lea to Iowa (UPDATED WITH NEW MAPS, ETC!!)
- (10/27/2012) Mineral Center Road
- (7/7/2012) Old Border Road (Old Hwy 61)
- (Updated - 3/7/12) Old Highway 28 at Westport
- (1/22/12) Old St Augusta Creek Bridge
- Old Road at Geneva (10/4/11)
- Old 65 Between Albert Lea and Geneva (9/21/11)
- Old Road at Clarks Grove (9/1/11)
- Old Road Between Albert Lea and Clarks Grove(NEW PHOTOS! 8/28/11)
- Old Road between the Iowa Border and Albert Lea (NEW PHOTOS! 8/28/11)
- Stevens Street, Albert Lea (8/14/11)
- Old Route at Albert Lea (Broadway and William Street) (8/13/11)
- Markers at the Iowa/Minnesota State Line (8/10/11)
- Updated U.S. 61 Interactive Map! (5/25/11) Now with Year-by-Year alignment data and other improvements!
- UPDATE - NEW PHOTOS! (7/17/11) - North Lakeshore Drive
- Old Gilbert Creek Bridge (7/17/11)
- Old Road at Wildwood Lane (7/16/11)
- UPDATE! (7/15/11) - 271'st Street, Wacouta Township
- UPDATE! (7/13/11) - Old Road and Bridges In the Cannon River Bottoms
- Old Highway 61 Between Illgen City and Little Marais (7/10/11)
Find us on Facebook!
Old alignments, history, and pretty much everything else you'd ever want to know about Minnesota's most famous highway!
Historic Highway Tours - Detailed tours down various historic roads in Minnesota using maps and photos. Also includes historic roadsides and bridges.
Route Guides - Pages dedicated to specific routes through Minnesota, bringing together histories, interactive maps, and collections of highway tours.
Official Highway Maps - A guide to the history of Minnesota's official highway maps. Includes an overview of the evolution of the maps from 1923 to today.